Help A Child
This is a class project. I am a student. I someday hope to create this organization. Enjoy my site. Click here to see my references.
Help A Child was created to help children from all of the world. We build orphanages, restore cities/towns and help the children. We give donations and take trips to visit children all over the world: Haiti, Africa, South America, Mexico, India. Children are meant to experience love, everyone should feel love. Some children have never experienced a true level of love, because of their background or circumstances. We come and show them love.
Around 15 million (21%) children in the U.S live in poverty. Research shows that families need an income of about twice that level to live. Most of the parents work, have low wages and their job is unstable. Poverty affects a child's ability to learn and can cause social,emotional and behavioral problems. Poor health and mental health could also result from poverty.
- Children from the poorest households are three times more likely to be out of school than children from the richest households.
- 57 million children around the world are out of school( most of them are girls)
- For every extra year of elementary school, a girl’s wages increases about 10 – 20 percent.
- Two out of five children in Sub-Saharan Africa will not finish primary school.
- Educated mothers tend to send their children to school, helping to break the cycle of poverty.
- More than 2 million children have died because of armed conflict in the last decade.
- Worldwide, hundreds of thousands of children are recruited to serve as child soldiers.
- 168 million children ages 5-14 are engaged in child labor, with 85 million of them working in bad conditions.
- 39,000 girls become brides every day